Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Give me fever





Milan Fashion Week, Women Fall Winter 2011/2012
Love this line. Frankie Morello.
More like obsessed. I sorta stumbled upon this line while I was doing my regular fashion browsing. I can't believe I hadn't came across this fabulous fashion duo sooner. The label Frankie Morello was born in 1998 from the stylistic encounter between Maurizio Modica and Pierfrancesco Gigliotti. This line showcases the golden year of 50. Once I came across the pictures, I had to watch the show. The line is an amazing twist of masculine femininity. The hair is done in a 50's style pin up with the "you give me fever" style jazz music. The line has a feeling of wonder and awe, all with a twist of punk meets bull rider. They use the destinct colors of the base color being black with yellow and red accents. They also use alot of embellishments that are all gold. These signify and go along with the golden 50's theme. There is a tastefull combination of harsh meeting elligance with many  of the outfits being very masculine of pant suits or leather but with a twist of femininity thrown in along with it. Almost resembles the movie "Grease". At one point there is a red leather poodle skirt which I see as brilliant. This line is fantastic and I will most definitely be following Frankie Morello is the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment